Monday, May 15, 2006

Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad?


Netta and Mary are my distant relatives. Distant in two ways:
1) They're my first cousins once removed. Most people don't even know what that means, but coming from a small family, it means they're close to me.
2) They live in Canada, in Niagara Falls. 3000 miles away, but we visit back and forth, and they're close to me.
Netta is the older sister. Mary is younger; much younger - she's a child in an adult's body. She likes colourful socks and cuddly fluffy dogs. She likes going out to eat and seeing friends; she likes her "work" at Dorchester Manor and going to the pub with her friends on a Friday. She likes Coronation Street, Scottish music and she can remember meals we have had together all over the place.
Mary died early this morning. She slipped away peacefully, having been unable to recover from a bout of pneumonia.
Netta and Mary are close to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Margie said...

So very touching.
Thanks for sharing.

8:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home