Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Passenger

Scottish train journey (OK, it wasn't like this!)

It's been a mad week. Yesterday I went to Glasgow for the day, by train. I like the train in the summer (as long as it's not mid-day and boiling hot) and yesterday morning was beautiful. The views down the coast reminded me of what a beautiful country this is, and made me feel a bit of a tourist, which is always nice.
As we cut across country, we entered the rolling hills of central Scotland, green and lush still, with the sun glinting off rivers and burns. It was nice to not be on the road, especially through rush hour. On approaching Perth we did that weird thing you do on trains - sneak past people's back gardens. I alway find this strangely voyeuristic (which I suppose it is). Snap-shots of scenes get imprinted on your memory, and my particular one of yesterday was a cat in a greenhouse, back arched, tail standing upright like a toilet brush, jaws wide open and teeth bared. What at, of course I couldn't tell!
On approach to Glasgow another imprint was half an Action Man stuck in a siding.
The top half.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home