Tuesday, July 04, 2006

October Swimmer

David Walliams ready for the swim, photo from bbc.co.uk

Well, not quite October - but there wasn't a song called "July Swimmer" so there you go. Today, David Walliams, best known for being one half of "Little Britain" and being seen on the collective arm of a veritable cornucopia of attractive laydeez, swam across the English Channel. Or "La Manche" if you live on the other side of it.
I'm terribly impressed. Reading the info has told me that more people have climbed Everest than have swum across this 21 stretch of ocean. Only about 10% of those who try succeed. I was therefore somewhat sceptical, but since it's for charity (Sport Relief) I went along with the concept...but I'm delighted that he's succeeded. Good on him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home