Sunday, April 01, 2007

Back In Black

Lake Moraine, Canadian Rockies. Photo by vikingchild

Wow. It's been a while...last blog was just before I went on holiday, and it took me a long while to stop moving. In the words of "the Boys", I've been around the world for a number of reasons, I've seen it all, the change of seasons... So, time for a retro blog. Yes, I know a lot of people blog whilst travelling, but I'm usually too busy actually doing stuff - even if it's just relaxing.
So let's start with some holiday stuff. Crossing the Rockies is never disappointing, however you do it. However, I must say that the day this photo was taken we woke up to a heavy mist. With rather heavy hearts we set off, with a rather phlegmatic "what will be will be" attitude. Not far on, we actually climbed out into the mist and into the clear, fresh air and blue skies which followed us on most of the rest of our trip. I love this photo - you can taste the air. Not only that, but this is spitting distance from Lake Louise which is beautiful but always infested with people, even "off-season". Lake Moraine was tranquility itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home