Friday, April 20, 2007

A New Career in a New Town (?)

Grand Theatre, Bordeaux, from http://roccoco.free.fr/dotclear/index.php/2006/09

So, right now I'm en France and struggling with the French keyboard in my rather splendid office in Bordeaux. Here they're gearing up for the Presidential elections, which is good because it gives me a fighting chance of understanding things on TV (the politicians have to speak clearly to make their points, of course). I've also been reading "Harry Potter à l'école des sorciers" and have thus expanded my rather shaky French vocab to include "hibou" (owl) - very handy, I'm sure.

Being a complete idiot, I didn't take my camera (well, it's a work trip, after all) so I'll add a picture later.
What a beautiful city! Of course I am always enchanted by old city centres, cathedrals and trams. Oh, trams! But the trams here are very clever - they use a ground-level power supply system in the city centre, originally not to muck up the historic centre with overhead cables. Smart. See ye olde Wikipedia for more details...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home