Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Mountain Song

Canadian Rockies, Banff National Park. Photo by vikingchild

I'm not a big climber or hillwalker. Hey, I'm not even a small hillwalker, come to that. But I do like the mountains and I do like the hills. I guess I feel like breaking out with a quick chorus of "The hills are alive with the sound of music" every now and then, and I think that this photo (taken not far from the previous one) makes me feel that, just sitting here. The combination of the light hitting the features on the mountain, the blue, blue sky and the evergreen skirting the landscape is all there.

As implied in the previous post, this area of the Rockies can be overpopulated - it's very much a tourist route. But early in the year, between ski season and summer, it's quiet enough to very much feel away from it all. As the nun said, "I go to the hills when my heart is lonely...."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home